Learn About Successful Assessment Efforts at NJ Academic Libraries!
MAY 25, 2010
Rutgers Busch Campus Center, Piscataway
9:30 am to 12:30 pm
No registration required; lots of free parking!
Lots of free parking without the need for a permit in Lots 51 or 67.
An interactive map showing the locations of the parking lots and a link to driving directions is available here: http://maps.rutgers.edu/
- Are you preparing for a Middle States visit and worrying about library assessment?
- Are you looking for a good assessment tool but don’t know where to start?
- Are you seeking a systematic way to uncover your users’ real needs?
- Are you interested in learning about assessment projects used at other VALE libraries?
- Are you thinking about developing your own assessment method or tool? Or looking for a commercial product that has value?
- Do you just want to know “what’s out there”?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, please read on!
The VALE Assessment Committee, in partnership with the VALE Shared Information Committee, is hosting a half-day Assessment Fair designed to inform VALE librarians about a variety of assessment techniques and products as well as to showcase individual library’s assessment successes. The Fair will feature overviews of all kinds of assessment tools and projects on a variety of topics, including:
- Collection analyses
- Digital library
- Ethnographic study
- Focus groups
- ILL or document delivery
- Information literacy
- Information seeking
- Library information service
- Physical spaces
- Reference service
- ROI investigations
- Staffing levels
- Tutorial evaluation
- User studies
- Web usability
For further information, please contact:
University Libraries Administration
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
169 College Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901