Iona College Libraries is seeking a part-time Reference Librarian to cover the Reference Desk in our main New Rochelle library (Ryan Library) Monday evenings, 6 pm-9:30 pm. The position is available July, 2010. Orientation sessions will be provided.
Education: Master's degree from an ALA-accredited program
Experience: Reference experience or coursework required. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Familiarity and experience using and searching online catalogs, electronic databases (e.g. ProQuest and Ebsco databases), and the Internet.
Good public service skills
Flexibility: Members of the Evening/Weekend Reference Librarian team may be asked to trade coverage day(s)/time(s) with each other as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Has primary responsibility for evening and/or weekend reference desk coverage.
2. Provides individual library research assistance to patrons.
3. Teaches library patrons to effectively search electronic information resources including online catalogs, databases, and the Internet.
4. May teach formal classes in library instruction.
5. May share in the operation of other units.
6. May perform other job duties and responsibilities as requested by supervisor, manager and/or department head. The schedule is subject to change due to staffing needs and the academic calendar.
Send letter of application, current resume and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two references (one of whom should be current or recent supervisor) to Adrienne Franco.
By Mail: Address in signature block below
By Fax: (914) 633-2136 (Attn: Adrienne Franco)
By E-mail with file attachments: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Iona College is a private, independent college in the tradition of the Congregation of Christian Brothers and American Catholic higher education and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Reference & Instructional Services Librarian
Iona College Libraries
715 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10801-189