Coutts Information Services a division of Ingram Library Services seeks a team oriented, flexible, and service-oriented individual for the position of Cataloger within our organization. Reporting to the Supervisor of Core and Approval Cataloging, the Cataloger will be responsible for cataloging and classification of material according to specifications provided by the customer.
The successful candidate will be a self starter with the ability to work in an open team environment. Applicants should be detail oriented while possessing strong oral, written and interpersonal skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Original and copy cataloging to national standards and internal and customer requirements
- Sending prepared MARC records to customers
- Daily fulfillment of targets
- Keeping abreast with developments in the field and regularly reviewing and communicating changes in cataloging rules, MARC coding, and classification
- Working closely with the Cataloging Management and the company staff to ensure that customers are receiving the highest quality products possible
- ALA Accredited Master of Library Science Degree or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Cataloging
- Experience in MARC21 format; AACR2, LCSH, LC and Dewey Classification
Preferred qualifications (Assets):
- NLM Classification and MeSH experience
- French verbal and written skills; other language experience also desirable.
To apply online visit www.ingrambook.com
For more information about Coutts Information Services visit www.couttsinfo.com