Iona College is seeking a full-time Reference and Instructional Services Librarian.
Job Summary: In a team environment, the Reference and Instructional Services Librarian is responsible for assisting with the overall operation and functions of the Reference Department, the Library Instructional Services, and the Arrigoni Library/Technology Center. This librarian provides research assistance to faculty, students, administrators and staff, teaches formal library instruction classes, and provides in-depth research assistance by appointment. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Libraries for Public Services & Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the Senior Reference Librarian and Instructional Services Librarian with the overall management of the libraries' reference and library instruction services.
2. Teaches formal classes in library instruction.
3. Teaches library patrons to effectively search electronic information resources including the online catalog, research databases, and other information resources.
4. Participates in the Research Assistance Program (RAP). Provides individual library research assistance to patrons.
5. Serves on workgroup for Iona’s Information Literacy program.
6. Shares in the operation of other units, including collection management, and serves as library liaison to various departments.
7. Assists in the supervision, staffing, and scheduling of the Arrigoni Library.
8. Submits statistics and reports as needed.
9. Performs other duties as requested by supervisor, manager and/or department head.
10. Schedule subject to change to accommodate academic calendar and staffing needs to support library services. May work occasional evenings and/or weekends.
Education: MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA accredited Master’s program.
Experience: Reference and instruction experience in an academic library preferred.
Specialized Skills (preferred) : Knowledge of a range of computer hardware and software commonly used in academic libraries, such as integrated library systems (Voyager), classroom management systems (Blackboard, Faronics), LibGuides, and statistical software (SPSS); comprehensive knowledge of the technology, the practices, and the standards of the individual’s area of responsibility; knowledge and/or experience with assessment tools, such as LibQUAL+.
Interested applicants should send their letter of application, current resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references (one of whom should be a current or recent supervisor) to:
Search: Reference and Instructional Services Librarian
715 North Avenue
New Rochelle, NY 10801-1890
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is selected.
Iona College is a private, independent college in the tradition of the Congregation of Christian Brothers and American Catholic higher education and is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.